Friday, August 03, 2007

THE BOAT TO LA LA LAND

Yesterday as I were reading the newspaper, I came across an article about a town in China called "Bachelor town", it described about men in the small town were unable to get wives as the ratio of sex in China and the modern concept of materialism is making it hard for the farmers there to be married, thus making some of Bachelors committing to crime as there is not much meaning in life for them. One of the bachelor at 45, says that he has missed the marriage boat...

It struck me then, reminding me of a Chinese saying...The marriage boat has left...Thinking to myself that it is exactly what I am agonizing about most of the time. My boat ride to la la land has flipped, and I am now drowning and struggling to swim back to shore...If I made it back to shore, taking another boat ride to the happy la la land is a bigger challenge...

You see, My first choice of marriage is or was having a wife as a member of The Church, basically its because I feel like going to church every Sunday with my family like The Simpsons did in the movie, it would be nice. But as I have been with the singles of the church for a while, I noticed that the singles here are not very dedicated about relationships here, some players and some ignorant about a relationship...So, where does it leave me to find the next ride to my la la land?...Maybe I'm already too late for any ride now...Maybe I should go fishing by the shore instead of trying to get to la la land...Maybe its better this way...Maybe there will be another one?...Not sure...Just maybe...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you sure the simpsons ever go to church??